Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Book Challenge 2011

The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven
- John Milton, Paradise Lost

That quote really strikes me. How many times do we do this to ourselves?

It may not be public knowledge, but urban fantasy is one of my favorite genres. For awhile, I pulled away from fantasy, urban fantasy, sci-fi, etc. to explore other genres. Being an English major, I felt I needed to broaden my reading horizons. I found that I do like general fiction, mystery, horror, and historical fiction. And, after taking a young adult book class, I discovered a deep love for YA fiction! Broadening my reading horizons seems rather strange considering my degree. During the course of my degree, I read some amazing things; however, in my person reading life, I always return to my favored fall-backs.

Every year, I make a point of trying to read 50+ books a year. In 2011, I decided to join Book Chick City's urban fantasy reading challenge. I am really excited to dig deeper into the genre. I already have several books waiting on my shelves to be part of the challenge!

If you're interested in join, the link is on the right sidebar. And, if you want suggestions, let me know in comment, and I'll post a list of some of my favorites. This may surprise you, but I love recommending books ^___^

Sinn

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
sinn
"If you’re a freak like me, Wave your flag! If you’re a freak like me, Get off your ass! It’s our time now, To let it all hang out!" I am a recovering English major, closet bibliophile, breve addicted, zombie lover with a rockabilly and heavy metal fetish.
View my complete profile

Followers