Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Keeping Busy

This week has just been busy and somewhat chaotic. Nearing the end of it, I feel like some sort of cleaning maven, which has been uber exciting! However, I'm also a little upset.

After being dicked around for 2+ months, I finally found out some news concerning my background check with dispatch and whether I'll get the job. Even though they really want me, they drug their feet for too long and their allotted money disappeared at the end of their fiscal year. If they had hire me before this month, they would have had the money to hire me. Considering that my polygraph was done August 2, I really don't see any reason why they couldn't have gotten their act together to hire me. Even though it is nice hearing that they desperately wanted to hire me and I passed the background check with flying colours, it makes me incensed to know that it was due to their ineptness that I wasn't hired. However, I was told that if I wanted to stay on the list, when the money became available, I would be an instant hire. So, after sitting on my thumbs for 2+ months waiting on them, I have to start putting out resumes again *sigh* Here's hoping everything works out and the money comes in.

While waiting for all of this to finally come down the line and hear the news, I've been concentrating on cleaning the house. It feels as though hubby and I spend out lives living in squalor! I have tons of books to read, but I was just getting bored of sitting around on the couch all day. If I have all this time to waste, why don't I do something useful? Needless to say, this week has been a cleaning adventure! It is amazing how much I've gotten done, and I have given myself several pats on the back ^_~ We also were able to come up with a chores list! w00t!

After a lot of thought, the hubby and I decided that we want to adopt another dog. Even though I play with Juneau and he walks her everyday, she just seems to be missing something. She is also pretty bored. We decided that she might really do well with another dog. After spending a lot of time talking to people on a Siberian Husky community, we learned that Sibes do a lot better with Sibe companionship. With that in mind, we found a pretty close Sibe rescue center. I just filled out the application this afternoon. All I'm waiting on is a phone call and a home visit! That means that hubby is going to weed whack the backyard. And we already have plans to fence off the hut tub on Saturday. With the neighbor-feeding episode and Juneau balancing on the hot tub to look over the 6-ft fence, we've decided it is a better idea to just fence it off. Plus, adding a new Sibe might teach her to actually attempt to jump over it! Yikes!!

*sigh* Now I have to convince myself to actually get off my ass and get back into maven-mode. There are still some hot areas I need to work on, but I have this overwhelming desire to just be lazy!

Sinn

0 comments:

About Me

My Photo
sinn
"If you’re a freak like me, Wave your flag! If you’re a freak like me, Get off your ass! It’s our time now, To let it all hang out!" I am a recovering English major, closet bibliophile, breve addicted, zombie lover with a rockabilly and heavy metal fetish.
View my complete profile

Followers